Article number: 300058643
Product: 1:10 RC The Grasshopper II (2017)
The Grasshopper II is one of Tamiya's iconic radio control car kits from the late 1980's. It was an enhanced follow up release to the original Grasshopper kit. This re-release (2017) kit features a number of updates while keeping largely faithful to the original model. Its streamlined construction process makes this kit perfect for less experienced users and R/C veterans alike, while separately sold option parts can be used to enhance the model.
About the Chassis
A rugged ABS resin chassis is more than up to the stresses of off-road driving, and features lightweight durable plastic suspension arms, gearboxes and so on - the result is a lightweight and durable unit. Front swing axle and rear rolling rigid suspension combine for a responsive drive, while a fully enclosed gearbox is integrated with the rear axle and has a built-in differential gear to aid smooth cornering. One-piece wheels are paired with front grooved and rear spike tires for solid performance.
• 1/10 scale R/C 2WD buggy model assembly kit. Length: 400mm, width: 221mm, height: 139mm.
• The Grasshopper II body is molded in durable white polystyrene resin.
• Includes a driver figure for attachment to the body.
• Features a rugged ABS resin bathtub chassis to withstand the rough-and-tumble fun of off-road driving.
• Front swing axle and rear rolling rigid suspension setups are actuated by coil-spring friction dampers.
• Fully enclosed rear gearbox contains a differential gear to aid smooth cornering.
• Front ribbed tires give great straight-line grip, and rear spike tires provide powerful drive. They are matched with 8-spoke one-piece lightweight wheels.
• Compatible with tune-up parts such as standard Type 540 motors (requires nine 1150 ball bearings & one 850 ball bearing) and CVA mini oil dampers.
• Kit comes with 380 size motor.
• Includes the Tamiya ESC
• Requires 2-channel radio, Tamiya TS spray paint, 7.2volt battery, and compatible charger.